Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What am I supposed to do with all these candy canes?

My partner seemed to think we would be having 972,000 guests drop by this holiday season -- he bought boxes and boxes and BOXES of candy canes. I love peppermint, but not half a ton of the stuff.

What on earth could I do with them? I'm open to all suggestions.

Favorite Answer

I know a way they could make your butt breath minty-fresh and have you sittin' pretty at the same time!!! ***wink wink***

hahahahahahahaha

Sounds like chew--baka put them on her hit list as weapons of mass obesity. Ha! a sharp candy cane? why not just use a pencil?

• Kat*

Make candy cane cookies, decorate the icing on a cake or cupcakes with crushed candy cane, make mint chocolate bark, decorate your tree, eat them!, tape them on presents for an extra little treat... I can't think of much else, sorry!

Make yourself an Irish coffee and use the candy canes as stirrers.

Donate them to churches, youth groups, other Christmas-oriented places and events. Give them to neighbors, dress up in a suit and pretend you are Santa. Go to the mall and hand them out. Then you can hand them out everywhere! Or...if you want to hang onto them for awhile, hand them out for Halloween next year...providing you live in a dry climate! ha.boy will you get looks!

Donate them to a homeless shelter or a children hospital... Hang some on your tree, give them away to people you see etc

there are a lot of great ideas here already, i'll add that you can crunch them up and add them to brownie batter, which is yummy. i've done the thing with adding them to cookies too, and it's very yummy. they sort of melt into chewy bits.

we crush the candy canes and use the candy for the tops of cupcakes we make...just sprinkle some on .

Add the candy cane pieces to hot chocolate its yummy.

you could crush some and use them for a cake topping or just give them to the neighborhood kids(can we say sugar high ☺). there are many things that they can be used in or on top of. just use your imagination.

Give them to a couple battered women's shelters. Most of them have children there, and I'm sure they would be grateful for them.(Peppermint has a calming effect)