Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 1 decade ago

File format is not supported?

i wanted to post a video on youtube, but youtube doesn't accept .mswmm, so i got a new converter, and i clicked the browse buttom to get the file, but it said "file cannot be opened" "file format is not supported." what should i do?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is a common mistake.

You are saving the project file and not the movie.

Under "Finish Movie" click where it says "Save to my computer." Windows Movie Maker will then save the file as a .wmv which can then be uploaded to YouTube.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

an easier way to do it is go into windows movie maker,import the video,put it on the time line and then press PUBLISH MOVIE at the top of the screen in the middle,then press PUBLISH TO THIS COMPUTER,name it and save it

now it will convert to a WMV format which is accepted by youtube,once it has finished go to youtube and upload it like you did before

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.