Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What was the real name of Golden Boy or Nature boy 1940's?

This is a real question . I remember as a child in the 1940's a very handsome young actor that was in a lot of movies and made lots of money. (not William Holden) he would have been a teenager in the 1940's . My mother told me that his managers and parents took all his money and I don't know what happened to him. After that the laws changed some on kids in the movies and money earned after that horrible scandal was more protected.

Was he Golden boy or Nature boy and what was his real name?

I believe there was a series of movies he played in as the star, (nature boy, golden boy) Pretty sure not Bill Holden, I believe this young man met with a tragic ending in the 1940's or 50's.

I do believes it is Johnny Sheffield , I sort of remember the curly blond hair and in the 1950's he played in the movie about Golden something, that is where the Golden Boy and Nature boy of the Tarzan films came from. Still alive. Thanks, I have often thought of that story and didn't know who it was.

• H.M.C
    Favorite Answer

William Holden.

Source(s): Me.

The boy actor who changed the laws was Jackie Coogan

www.imdb.com/name/nm0001067/

but he lived a long life...

Johnny Sheffield

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0790788

was "Boy" in the MGM's Tarzan movies and then he made the "Bomba, the jungle boy" series. He's still with us and there's no hint of trouble with his money...

There's a song titled "Nature Boy" in the movie "The Boy with Green Hair", with Dean Stockwell, a child actor and now a famous character actor

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001777/