Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Who is the fastest person in the world today?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The title of the world's fastest human goes to the 100 meter champion.

The record holder for that event is Asafa Powell.

• 1 decade ago

Justin Gatlin sports the bling around his neck these days - gold, silver and bronze.

At this year's Olympic summer games in Athens, the track and field star earned a gold in the 100 meter sprint with a personal best of 9.85 seconds, a silver in the 4 X 100 meter relay, and a bronze in the 200 meter run.

Since his triple-medal sweep, the 22-year-old Brooklyn native went on a worldwide month-long promotional track-and-field tour. He's been on "The View" TV show, made a red carpet appearance at the Emmy awards, and even tossed the first pitch at a Yankees game.

Gatlin recalled his interview on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno. He was a bit nervous at first, but he saw how relaxed fellow guest Ellen DeGeneres was before she came on and quickly felt at ease.

"I guess I'm blessed. I'm trying to take it all in right now," he said.

Gatlin turned pro in 2003, after spending the previous two years at the University of Tennessee. While at UT, he learned the ropes from friends including Dwayne Bell, and earned a string of wins and accolades.

He led the UT to a NCAA title by winning the 100 and 200 meter dashes, becoming the first person to win both events since 1976; won five NCAA titles by the end of his sophomore season; was named the Southeastern Conference Track Freshman of the Year for both indoors and outdoors; and was awarded Outdoor Athlete of the Year honors in the South Region by the U.S. Track Coaches Association, according to USOlympicteam.com. Last year, he transferred to Saint Augustine's College in Raleigh, N.C.

• Ian M
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Take your pick from Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin or Michael Collins. On route to the moon they reached speeds of almost 25000 mph and survived unharmed.

Makes Olympic sprinters look like snails.

Ian M

• 1 decade ago

depends,,,whats he doing? 1 hour ago it was the guy in front of me driving home,,if I could have passed him,it would have been me being the fastest person!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

In terms of Olymipic Trak times Michael Johnson would be. He has the record in 200m of 9.66

• 1 decade ago

Devin Hester...

• <3
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

YOU. don't eat too much this holiday season! you might not even be able to find clothes for yourself!

<3 (good luck losing weight! it makes a great new years resolution!)

• 1 decade ago

Jamie Lynn Spears.... She moves pretty fast... LOL!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

steve jobs. in terms of making innovations and making a lot of money!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

paris hilton

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.