Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What do you celebrate on Christmas? Birth of Christ, Santa Clause, nothing or something else?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When I was growing up, Santa Claus was the main focus of Christmas in my family.

I "sort of" understood about the Manger and knew that it was Jesus' birth, but didn't really make the connection until I was older and didn't believe in Santa Claus anymore. Christmas then took on a different meaning.

Have a lovely rest of the day. Bright Blessings & Seasons Greetings.

• 1 decade ago

The Birth of Christ

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Birth of Christ

• 1 decade ago

Family

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Birth of Christ.

• 1 decade ago

I celebrate the birth of christ and santa.....

• 1 decade ago

I celebrate because it is the end of the year and I get time off work and have time to spend with family and friends.

Jesus was born in the spring.

• 1 decade ago

I celebrate the happy times of the year and just clean out the bad times

• 1 decade ago

It's CLAUS, as in Saint Nicholaus, or Santa Claus, Indiana, or Santa Claus, Georgia; not CLAUSE, as in " group of words containing a subject and a predicate and forming part of a compound or complex sentence" or "A distinct article, stipulation, or provision in a document".

Source(s): dictionary.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sure, as little kids, we see it as santa coming, where's the gifts? but as you grow older, u begin to realize what it really means -- the birth of Christ. sure, its also hectic because dealing with your once-a-year visit with the family is surrounded by drama, but at the end of it all, knowing ur with the ones you care about--that's what Christmas means to me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.