Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

can you all read this short story and give me constructive criticism?

I am starting out trying to write and would like to get some constructive criticism for my writing. Please tell if the story flows and if i go on tangents and anything else that you think might help me. This is my first attempt at writing so please don't be too harsh. I put it up on my server because it was too long to put here

http://www.jakesdevserver.net/writing/index.html

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure. It is easily understood and flows well.

Were you looking for some proofreading/editing help with it as well? There are some mechanical errors that need some work.

• 1 decade ago

Very interesting story, and I very much like the ending, but it is obvious that this is your first time. I won't be harsh, because you did a good job for your first time. I would recommend that if this is what you want to do, you take a writing class, most schools have adult ed classes at night, and I am sure with your natural talent, you would excel.

Keep writing, you are not bad now, and you can only get better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.