Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

I cant tell if I'm pale!?

Well my mom's been telling me I'm really pale and the other day even my grandma said it to me. I think I could be a tiny bit tanner but I'm either as tan or a few shades paler then everyone at school. No one at school has ever told me I was pale, unless we put it arm to arm and I was only a little bit and they say it just joking around. I know the bottom of my arms are very very pale but my shins and wrists and hands are pretty tan and I'd say my face is pretty tan too. I'm just wondering if my moms just encouraging me to look like a 24/7 surfer or if I look fine. Looking in the mirror I always think I look fine too so I dont know!

Favorite Answer

That's just a mom's way of saying you need to get out of the house more and take care of yourself better.

Even if you are pale, there's nothing wrong with it. If it makes you feel too self conscious, you could try a cheap tanning lotion (Paradise Gold's lotion is subtle and I never get any streaks or fake orange color.) I would definitely not recommend tanning beds though. I used to go to tanning beds, and when my dermatologist found out he had a fit and told me how many patients he's had first hand who got cancer and tanned often.

• a

a pic would help, people paleness changes by season as well, you can have some tan in some places and some none at all,