Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Programs that need Quicktime?

Im trying to uninstall stuff, and Quicktime is a huge file size. If i uninstalled it, would iTunes still work? And would anything else on my computer not work anymore? thanks

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe that iTunes requires QuickTime, so no, it wouldn't work right afterward. Nothing else on your computer should be affected, although you won't be able to play .mov files anymore. You can fix this by installing the QuickTime Alternative package:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alte...

• 1 decade ago

Most programs don't depend on a non-os Native program like quicktime. Itunes does still work without Quicktime, so go ahead. Taking off quicktime won't corrupt other programs. If you do start a program that does rely on quick time, it will probably just tell you to intall it, then you'll be stuck to go get it agian, but otherwise, nuke it. I personally don't like quicktime.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.