Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Greg M asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

I'm thinking of buying a 58" inch plasma (the Panasonic TH-58PH10UKA). Will 720p resolution be enough?

I will be viewing the screen from about 10 feet away in my room. I'm wondering if 720p will be just fine or if I should go with 1080p instead? Will Blue Ray look ok on 720p?

Thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

this is a big tv. and you are only sitting 10' feet away.you want the best resolution you can get. if it was me for a 58" i wouldnt even think of 720p its 1080p all the way. and 10' is alittle close for a 58". the rule of thumb is about 3 times the size of the screen is the ideal distance. so thats about 14-15' . even then i would def. go 1080p. but your sitting closer then 1080p no secend guess. good luck. oh and excellent choice in tv brand. my fav. good luck again.

Source(s): years of tv sales and knowledge
  • 1 decade ago

At 720p, your blue ray player will be providing more resolution than your plasma can display.

Broadcast/cable HD signals are at 720p. If you are big dvd movie person you might want to go for the 1080p.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.