Greg M asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

I'm thinking of buying a 58" inch plasma (the Panasonic TH-58PH10UKA). Will 720p resolution be enough?

I will be viewing the screen from about 10 feet away in my room. I'm wondering if 720p will be just fine or if I should go with 1080p instead? Will Blue Ray look ok on 720p?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

this is a big tv. and you are only sitting 10' feet away.you want the best resolution you can get. if it was me for a 58" i wouldnt even think of 720p its 1080p all the way. and 10' is alittle close for a 58". the rule of thumb is about 3 times the size of the screen is the ideal distance. so thats about 14-15' . even then i would def. go 1080p. but your sitting closer then 1080p no secend guess. good luck. oh and excellent choice in tv brand. my fav. good luck again.

Source(s): years of tv sales and knowledge

At 720p, your blue ray player will be providing more resolution than your plasma can display.

Broadcast/cable HD signals are at 720p. If you are big dvd movie person you might want to go for the 1080p.