Should I be worried?

My fiance and I have been not-so-actively trying to get pregnant since Dec 2006. We were using the calendar method and having intercourse around CD 11-14. In September I started using a fertility monitor and found out I'm ovulating CD 17 on the dot every month so far. We've had intercourse every other day for about a week before ovulation since we found that out. My question is: should I be worried that it's been so long without getting pregnant even though the timing hasn't been right? Or would you say I've really only been trying to conceive since September? Thanks :)

I'm 21 and my fiance is 23-neither of us have children. His dad was in Afghanistan for 13 months so we put the wedding off for awhile, and now with so much trouble TTC I want this to be my first priority. The wedding is put on the back burner for now :)

Favorite Answer

I would not be concerned. I too ovulate the 17th day (according to me, we conceived on the 18th day)- and they actually put my conception date as the 21st.

I don't want to be negative, but all the time you were trying to conceive days 11-14 should probably not count.....at least not for much (I know it's so frustrating). Try for another six months and see how things go..... remember to have fun with it!

Perhaps check out a book from the library on the Billings Method (it's for birth control, but can be used to conceive too)

I would not be worried yet, but you had not stated your age or if you have any other children. Wouldn't you rather wait to get pregnant until after you get the hub-bub of the wedding over? Walking down the aisle with morning sickness isn't too attractive lol. If you feel a concern for why you haven't gotten pregnant and you continue to try for another 6-9 months with no success, I would suggest you contact your doctor for further testing/examination.

i would consider you trying since december 2006,,and your chances just got better september 2007. if you are trying to get pregnant...have sex the day of and before you ovulate...not every other day the week before..

dont think you got nothing to worry about. its just a shame you got the wrong dates in the first place, but never mind you know now. if i was you i would just try and let it happen naturally now cos its so easy to get wrapped up in it all and get stressed so just enjoy baby dancing and it will happen in good time x best of look and merry xmas x x