Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can I sleep on Christmas Eve?

I can NEVER sleep on Christmas Eve.

Last year, I went to bed at 11:00, fell asleep at Midnight, woke up at 01:10 and didn't sleep again until we got up, at 07:00.

I've tried everything, Warm Milk, be extremely tired, but I just can't sleep on Christmas Eve.

Please help.

And please don't just say "Put your head down and sleep" or that kind of rubbish.

Andy

Edit: Thanks, ~<33~ for the great answer! I'll surely have my reliable Harry Potter books lined up for reading, again. Great answer.. Looks like I might finally sleep this Christmas... :)

Favorite Answer

OK,i had the same problem last year just not as bad!.

what you could do is first mas some hot choclate then dress into your warm PJ's and get a book (not a Christmas book)

read for about 30 Min's whilst drinking the hot chocolate.

this will tire you out buy exausting your eyes and they will ocassionly dropp of then open again.

this is a sign that your tired so when this happens just try and dose off thinking about anything.

repeat this progress also have some cold air in your room this will drop your body tempreture.

im 12.

Source(s): im 12
  • ?

Its Christmas Eve

Here is what I have done in the past and it works every time. Just take a few sleeping pills before you go to bed. Usually on Christmas Eve, I take 4 sleeping at 11:00P.M.. By the time everyone leaves, which may be a few hours later, you will be way to tired to stay up, and once your head hits the pillow your out. You will start to feel tired in about 45 min, but will be able to fight it for a while, but once everyone goes, you won't want to fight being tired and you will fall asleep fast. I do this because I get excited about opening presents, so the pills def. help a lot.

• Hanya

Is Christmas Eve the only night you can't sleep?

Then you don't have a problem.

Just stay awake......look outside the window to the moon and the stars, and imagine Santa can be there any moment.

Write a secret story in your dairy. Read an exciting book.

Don't try so hard to fall asleep. Enjoy this special night.

And don't take any sleeping pills! Nonsense, if you take one, you will need one the next night, and the next, and the next........don't do it!

Here are some things that I've come up with:

Yoga and meditation, if you don't mind that sort of thing. I can pm you the names of some good poses for yoga to help you sleep.

Cut down on coffee, chocolate and tea, and try not to eat anything after, say, seven o clock.

Sometimes I just pick out a really boring book and read it 'til I drift off.

Have you tried certain scentes, like lavender? If you have essential oils in your house, they can help.

If you live with parents, then ask them to reward you in the morning, if and only if you go to sleep fairly quickly.

Good luck with it all, I know how you feel.

Kristina x

• ~<33~

Think of it as a normal night. Do the same things you always do in your bedtime routine: brush your teeth, read a book, chat to the cat etc.

Relax! If you are just jumping up and down and feeling hyperactive, you need to calm down; you're only feeding a build-up of excitement that it'll be hard to come down from. Try taking a hot bath. Relax and just close your eyes. Squirt bath toys at imaginary targets - anything to keep you relaxing in the bath.

Get into a comfortable sleeping position. This is important for anytime you try to get to sleep. See some of the related wikiHows in this article for some more ideas on helping you to fall asleep. Or visit the whole category on Better Sleeping.

Try not to think about Christmas. It may be hard, but try it! Think of a best friend or think of your favorite song, etc. Maybe write a song, a poem or a play.

Relax. Breathe slowly. Count reindeer. Any of these methodical, centering and calming methods will help to move you out of being too excited into a calmer state, which may help you to feel sleepy.

Don't keep on peeking into the living room. This might spoil any surprises and will also keep you - well, very awake!

Try exercising. Although this sounds silly, exercise can help to calm you down. See how many push -ups, crunches, jumping jacks you can do in your room. Only do this for 30 minutes though; you don't want to stay up too late. Exercising is a great way to help you feel physically tired, so your body will want to sleep. Better still, it will take your mind off Christmas for a little while.

Lie in bed and say this in your head: "Relax my toes. Relax my arch. Relax my heel." It might sound corny but it really does work through the power of suggestion. Make sure to work all the way up to your head. Even keeping up the effort of concentration on doing this is a great distraction.

Glass of milk - and maybe a cookie or two...Drink warm milk. It is very soothing and calming to drink.

Put on the tidy gear. If you know you are going to be video-taped in the morning, prepare your best set of PJ's. You don't want everybody to remember you wearing that raggy ole' t-shirt and a pair of shorts on Christmas morning, do you? And don't forget to brush your hair in the morning before galloping downstairs!

Read a book. It can be Christmas, although it doesn't really matter.

Listen to slow Christmas music and think about the REAL reason why you celebrate Christmas. This seriously helps.

Set a time to wake up at. Make sure that the whole family agrees with it. That way, when it turns (let's say 9 00) everyone is prepared to get up. If you get up earlier than this, have some breakfast, go to the washroom, get ready so that you actually look OK on video.

If you have a laptop, go into your bedroom and just "surf the net" for a while until you get tired.

Have a Merry Christmas!

I've also never been able to sleep on Christmas Eve. I guess it's the excitement or something, but I always have trouble. For me, I just listen to soft music and relaxing music. It works for me.

just go on fruityloops/moviemaker/ any kind of media creation software and make a beat/movie/cartoon. Keep making new bits until it is perfect and that should waste a few hours and by then you'll have forgotten all about christmas and will probably sleep until about 9/10AM. if this doesnt work, just lie there and think about a person you really really like with your eyes shut and you will eventually drift off to sleep.

• karly

Andy, are you too excited about Santa coming? Why not get your mind off Christmas that night and read a good book?(Not the 12 Days of Christmas!) That should keep your mind off everything else but what you're reading.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How can I sleep on Christmas Eve?

I can NEVER sleep on Christmas Eve.

Last year, I went to bed at 11:00, fell asleep at Midnight, woke up at 01:10 and didn&#39;t sleep again until we got up, at 07:00.

I&#39;ve tried everything, Warm Milk, be extremely tired, but I just can&#39;t sleep on Christmas Eve.

Please help.

And...

Source(s): sleep christmas eve: https://tr.im/e9zvV