If my tragus cartilage got shattered, would I have bumps immediatly or does it take time for the bumps to form

I got my tragus pierced with a gun at the mall last night. I know it was risky to get it done with a gun, but it looks fine and it's only sore so far..

Favorite Answer

After the cartilage shatters a sore bump will start too form where it is damaged. You should get piercings done at a professional Body Piercing/Tattoo Parlor. Claires and all those places in the mall don't know what they are doing if you got it there.

• Rose

wow. I cant believe they pierced your tragus with a gun. Pretty sure that's actually illegal.

Just take really good care of it. Don't use the cleaning stuff they gave you, it's actually kind of bad for the piercing. Use 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt with 8 oz of water, dip it in a cotton puff and put it on the piercing for about 5 minutes twice a day.

Good luck healing it. If you start having issues with it, you might want to go to a professional piercer and have them change out the jewelery for something decent like titanium or surgical grade stainless steal.