Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

Should I let my Teenage sons continue to live with dad..?? they sound homesick...?

I decided to let my teen sons move with their dad out of state, because being a single mom, I thought it would be better, plus they needed a male influence in their lives. Me also having smaller children, I just didn't have the time and energy to devote to them, and I thought them being almost grown men, being with dad would be perfect.

Everything with their dad is fine, he has a good stable home, good job, and he is good to my sons, but my sons sound kinda homesick, and say they miss being here with me....

Do you think it would be more of a benefit to let them continue to live with thier father..??

would love opinion of other guys...

Favorite Answer

I think you're handling this really well! But it does sound like they miss you, maybe you should keep them out with their father, but visit them occasionally when you have the time? Like, once a month? That way, they can stay out with their father, but they'll still be able to see you. :) Good luck!

~Sonicblur