Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I use Verizon Wireless and get dropped calls a lot and the voice quality is very poor . What to do?

I have 2 year contract with the service which I have to bear another 1.5 years. If I change to another plan they charge $175. But I can not bear these anymore, can you tell me what is best to do and which wireless network is better. Thanks a lot.

Favorite Answer

First of all, the best way to get out of the contract is to go to the Verizon store and explain your problem to them. Tell them that you have no service in this area. If this happens at your house then tell them you want to cancel due to a lack of service at your house. This has worked in the past for a friend of mine. You can go to the Verizon web site and get a map of the coverage in your area. Second, I would ask friends or family that live in your area who they have for providers. This way you can get a good idea of what will work best for you. Providers also may give you a trial period with the new phone, but you will have to ask. Hope this info helps!

First try dialing *228, to update your phone. If that doesnt help then bring it to the store and ask them to check it and possibly re program it. You should be ok Their service is typically superior to most others.