Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 decade ago

Ron Paul Rising?

The mainstream media is losing the propaganda war!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRTDynbHVYQ

Favorite Answer

O... M... G... A lot of Ron Paul video's suck at getting a point across, or are mediocre at best. This short video is one of the best I have EVER seen. In fact I'm tearing up right now, and man enough to admit it. That last picture, is so powerful, him holding a baby (which we just had...) man I can't even think straight, thank you.

I'm amazed at the support, I never thought it could happen, and even if we don't win, we have changed a lot of people's minds. We have helped make them less cynical, and more thoughtful. We have given ourselves hope. We have inspired them and ourselves to run for offices, run our lives better, our country better, and re-injected a positive image of ourselves and what it means to be an American.

Supporting Ron Paul, has made ME a better person, and that is worth it right there. Ask yourself, what is the motivation of some of the others running. Then ask, what was the motivation of people like Martin Luther King, or Ghandi, or even John Lennon (all of who are much before my time). Ron Paul is not a powerful name like Clinton, but he does have powerful and dedicated supporters, and people really DO like principles, and fairness. Opportunities like this, come once or twice a generation it seems.

I just wish he does well in the primaries (I'm sure he will), and then maybe he can be talked about 1/4 as much as the rest on oldmedia. Even that little bit, would send him to the top - because he's not for sale, he's not even in it to win or make money, and the informed know that.

Goldwater, and McGovern, were probably much like Ron Paul, the only real difference is, the problems we face today, are a bit harsher (I think). That, and the internet exists in a form that makes it simple to collaborate, and exchange information at a pace you couldn't even imagine 20 years ago. The top down structure of the media is breaking down, to more of a balanced top/down + left/right level playing field - and if that's the key, it has made things better, as well as changed the game.

Source(s): Welcome to the revolution.

All through this video I kept expecting someone to say "Hey, will you turn that music down? I cant' hear myself think!"

What Ron Paul is doing is really amazing, and gratifying to those of us who feel that politics in the US today is a closed system. But it still -is- a closed system.

Paul is trying to become a major candidate not through selling out to interests, and that's great. Instead he's relying on a dedicated cadre of idealistic followers to get his name out. Though I don't actually agree with Paul on much, I am impressed not just with what he's trying to do but also with the success he's achieving.

However, in my time this has been done twice before. In recent decades one Republican and one Democrat have bypassed the party's smoke-filled-rooms to win the nomination through sheer, downright popularity. Barry Goldwater did it in 1964 and George McGovern did it in 1972. Neither of these men were the choice of party leadership, the old-boy network, the financing interests, they were the choice of PEOPLE, rank-and-file voters in their respective parties. They both refused to mouth the standard party rhetoric, they both refused to try to be all things to all people, and in consequence both looked 'extreme' from the voters' point of view.

But history shows how well both of these guys did in the general election. 8^< T hey both stood up for their principles. They refused to mouth the standard party rhetoric, they both refused to try to be all things to all people, and in consequence both looked 'extreme' from the voters' point of view.

When you vote Republican, you are not voting for a man but for an agenda, the -party's- agenda. Ron Paul doesn't support the GOP's agenda, and there's no way in hell the party leaders are going to let him get the nomination. If he rises too high in the polls, they will -slime- him, like they did with McCain in 2000.

LONG LIVE RON PAUL

Aw yeah! Thanks for the link