Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

GPA question?

i have a general question about my GPA, in my freshman year of high school (last year), my first semester GPA was about 3.6 and my second semester was about 3.4, in this case what GPA do colleges look at or do they get the average of the two? thanks

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Mel
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They average everything. That is a good GPA!

• 1 decade ago

You averaged a 3.5 in your first year of high school and that is very good. If you keep this up through your senior year you should have no problem in getting into a college of your choice.

• 1 decade ago

Average.

• Laura
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They get the average of the two, which is a 3.5.

For a high school GPA, that is pretty good. Good job!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

maximum regulation colleges use your college GPA and LSAT rankings jointly to return to a determination the place to rank you with the different applicants. Your maximum suitable wager could be to touch the faculty you want to attend and ask. additionally, including extracurricular events will help your resume and would placed you earlier than different pupils with an analogous tutorial tiers. You do ought to have a Bachelor degree in something until eventually you could now get into regulation college

• 1 decade ago

colleges usually look at your first three years of high school and get your average gpa, plus SAT scores.

• DrIG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They will average more than the two because you are not applying to college as yet and are continuing highs school./

• 1 decade ago

Average, then they look at ACT scores or SAT scores. Also any clubs or extracirricular activities help!!

Good luck to ya.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.