Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Whenever I click on my volume control icon, nothing ever comes up?

And I can't hear anything! I have a windows 98 second edition computer

Favorite Answer

If you have seperate speakers you should check and make sure they're plugged into both the computer and the power supply. If that doesn't work check your settings from the control panel (click on sounds and audio devices). Good luck!

generally in 98 se you need to double click on the icons in both system tray(clock) and also in control panel..generally in xp volume level control appears if u click once on the icon

Hi

Try right clicking on it to opn it and make sure there is no tick in the mute box.

Hope this helps!