Can and Will a True Christian Stop Sinning in This Life? ...and, if so, How?

Atheist and Agnostics will also please reply only if you will specifically and directly address the actual question asked. In other words, this question is already conditionally predicated on the Existence of the One True God of Heaven -- and that Jesus Christ was the Son of God before His Incarnation, that He... show more Atheist and Agnostics will also please reply only if you will specifically and directly address the actual question asked.

In other words, this question is already conditionally predicated on the Existence of the One True God of Heaven -- and that Jesus Christ was the Son of God before His Incarnation, that He laid down His Divine Power (but not His Divine Authority) to become a Man, and that He took up His Divine Power again when He Ascended to Heaven 40 days after His Crucifixion and Resurrection.

Thus, when everyone considers their answers, please keep in mind these verses of Scripture -- and keep in mind that I'd like to hear answers in your own words, rather than more Scripture (unless I've missed a very telling one):

Deuteronomy 18:13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
Update: 1Kings 8:60 That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else. 1Kings 8:61 Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day. Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father... show more 1Kings 8:60 That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.
1Kings 8:61 Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

2Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
2Corinthians 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
2Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
Update 2: Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the... show more Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Update 3: 2Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about... show more 2Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Update 4: James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. James 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from... show more James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
James 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Update 5: Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white... show more Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Update 6: erickallen101: The question is not about Justification. It is about Sanctification. Do you know the difference?
Update 7: David N: But when do you think such a person will arrive at the top of the mountain. That is the question.
Update 8: David N: By the way, a "true Christian" is one that is not just in name only -- i.e., one that is actually striving to be like Christ (1Cor. 9:24-27). But it must be by the law:

2Tim. 2:5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.