Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What field of engineering is making bicycles?

Note that the industry incorporates a lot of fatigue research, physiology, material research, and aerodynamics.

I am talking about designing/R&D of cycles.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mainly Mechanical engineering.

But to-day you need expertise's in many fields, to come up with any item that is efficient you did say "Note that the industry incorporates a lot of fatigue research, physiology, material research, and aerodynamics".

Making is know "Manufacturing engineering". It in itself multidisciplinary field.

• 1 decade ago

From what I've seen, it appears to be mechanical engineering with contributions from aeronautical engineering for the aerodynamics research and materials engineering for the introduction of newer materials into the industry.

• TV guy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Mechanical engineers

• 1 decade ago

Mechanical Engineering

on the field of kinematics & machine design

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

metallurgical engineers along with the ones mentioned above

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

industrial designers and aerodynamics are working together.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mechanical

• lp342
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i think it will be mechanical engineering...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.