Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Purity Rings???

I have a few questions about them. I would like to buy one, but do only certain religions allow/use them? And I know that they mean to stay pure until marrige, but it is ok for someone who is under 16 to get one? Any other info about them would be great!

Favorite Answer

Well, I've never heard of any religion who did not allow Purity Rings. That should be fine.

It is fine for someone under sixteen to get one, especially since so many people are losing their virginity before then. I am only thirteen, and I have one!

Actually, that's a lie...I had one, but it was kinda cheap and it broke. So, be sure and go for a good one, so it'll last.

Purity rings usually say "love waits" somewhere on them, and they are customarily worm on the left hand ring finger, to symbolize that it will not be taken off until it is replaced with a wedding ring.

Good for you for wanting to pure!

yes, it is OK for a someone who is under 16 to get one.

Most purity rings say have something etched in them that says what it is for, but any band would do, as long as you are willing to follow through with your purity vow.

You can buy a purity ring at a Christian book store or online.

It's OK to get one. Make sure to use condoms even if you wear the ring dear. Many people catch STD or get unwanted pregnancies falsely believing that the ring will protect them. It's just another delusional false belief.