NexxTech Eternal HD & Media Center?

Today I bought a NexxTech Eternal HD enclosure.

I plugged up my HD into it and booted up my XP MC laptop.

I plugged it into my USB port, & it showed up on the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon in the tray, but it won't read it as a drive in My Computer. I know the port works, as i've used it before with a flash drive as well as a mouse.

I've plugged it up into another computer in my home, with XP Pro SE2 & it reads it fine, & works perfectly.

I've run Windows Update to make sure it isn't a driver & device manager says the "USB Mass Storage Device" is working properly.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Oh, it slipped my mind.

I tried "Add HardWare" & it says

"You can only install ony device at a time. Another device installation is underway, when it is finished you can try this wizard again"

• mburx
    Favorite Answer

never had that problem but in yr case sounds like some files in xp os are corrupted and i would re-install xp - that is os problem

make back-up of yr hard drive first - it should be done without problems (i've done it) but there is murphy's law that applies any time and any where (if things can go wrong they will)