Buying a cell phone at a retail store, good or bad idea?

Ok, I am looking to up grade my cell phone I am with Verizon. I currently have a Samsung and have been very happy with it. I have already spoken to a few Verizon employees and all of them have recommended the Samsung Gleam for me to buy. The bad thing is even on there website and with my new every tow discount it will cost me almost $100. I have seen the same phone advertised at Wal-Mart for $48.88 with a two year up grade. Can any one tell me if there are any "catches" to doing this, if you have done it before, if so were you satisfied in doing so? Can you still take the phone to a verizon store? Etcetera, any input would be helpful.

Favorite Answer

you can buy a phone anywhere & then sign up for service anywhere else, like ONLINE

• ?

They got some good deals at best buy--plus you can get better service if you don't like it