Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Buying a cell phone at a retail store, good or bad idea?

Ok, I am looking to up grade my cell phone I am with Verizon. I currently have a Samsung and have been very happy with it. I have already spoken to a few Verizon employees and all of them have recommended the Samsung Gleam for me to buy. The bad thing is even on there website and with my new every tow discount it will cost me almost $100. I have seen the same phone advertised at Wal-Mart for $48.88 with a two year up grade. Can any one tell me if there are any "catches" to doing this, if you have done it before, if so were you satisfied in doing so? Can you still take the phone to a verizon store? Etcetera, any input would be helpful.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you can buy a phone anywhere & then sign up for service anywhere else, like ONLINE

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They got some good deals at best buy--plus you can get better service if you don't like it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.