Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

How do you make a simple java program?

Such as... mapping some mp3 sounds to keyboard presses. Like drum sounds for example.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As surprising as this sounds, this "simple" functionality that you would like to create in a Java program is not as easy to write as you could imagine. I've been doing Java programming for a few years - mostly Web application development - and yet writing this application would take a significant amount of effort.

What platforms are you looking to run this on? If you're just using Windows, I'd recommend that you write it in C# and use Microsoft's free Visual C# Express development environment. C# and .NET have a lot of hooks into Microsoft's operating system that will make it easy for you to capture key events, run an application as a service in the background, etc. It's not that you can't do those things in Java, I just have a feeling it would be easier with C#.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hi

You can contact a java expert to do our project assignment. Check websites like http://getafreelnacer.com/

• 1 decade ago

u should do a java course, it will b good for u..

• 1 decade ago

its better start reading - specially www.sun.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.