Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

help with resume?

i need help with my resume

whats a good way of making me sound good?

i am applying for a spa job as a massage therapist

i'm enthusiastic and energetic

any ideas for me?

thank you

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Capitalize on your skills & accoplishments.

Focus on your customer service abilities.

Remember - the resume is a sales letter promoting "you" as the product.

Keep in mind the employer and what you can do for them - the "benefit."

The site below has loads of FREE resume resources and helps, plus templates:

http://www.effective-resume-writing.com/

• 1 decade ago

In addition, keep it brief. The cover letter makes them want to read the resume, plus includes brief information on you outside of the resume.

The resume adds to the cover letter and gets you into the interview. You have to represent yourself the best that you can.

The interview gives the employer a chance to see IF you line up with your cover letter and resume AND can demonstrate your people skills.

And...this is the last part...be classy. Send a thank you note, especially IF you really want to work at a place. They may/may not have a job for you now, but they may have one in the future, AND they may 'recommend' you by word of mouth to someone who may have something for you.

We never know who knows who in the job market...especially during a tight one.

• 1 decade ago

I always get my ideas from this site:

http://www.resumewriting.net/

In addition to the above put in your cover letter that you enjoy working with people. You would like to be a part of the "Name of Spa" Team. Businesses "eat that up" because they want team players not troublemakers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.