How is it possible to get mail that is dry on the outside and soaking wet on the inside?

Just received a Christmas gift from a friend in Washington state. Box intact, paper wrap intact. Inside, wrapped in plastic then in wrapping paper were some kitchen towels that were so sopping they got water on the sofa and I had to wring them out and put them in the dryer! Other packages in the same box were totally dry. I called my friend - it was not a joke and she is as mystified as we are. My husband thinks someting to do with condensation - my daughter thinks she packed ice in inadvertently but I think it might be physics of some other kind. Does anyone have any idea?

Favorite Answer

Most likely, everything got soaked. But since the towels were wrapped in plastic, they dried very slowly; the rest dried quickly, especially if they were shipped by air at very low atmospheric pressure.

i would say moister. mostier can get into one place but not another and it can be near 5 things and only 1 get the moister it is just how the air works or how the towels were wrapped.

BEST IOF LUCK FINDING OUT WHAT HAPPEND!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Source(s): science class in 05

Dry ice wouldn't make things wet when it evaporates (it doesn't melt). Regular ice would. If this was a riddle I would guess regular ice. But since this is reality, I would guess regular ice.

Its very weird but maybe it was just an accident from the postal service. I would call them and ask what happend