Does anyone think the bars and stars, aka confederate flag, is offensive and racist? I don't and i have one.

Favorite Answer

The American flag, POW flag and Confederate flag. I have all 3, Redneck to the core!

In some situations

To me it represents Country (Oaky//Trailer Trash)Because on the East side there is a whole bunch of white people with there Confederate Flags,and I could certainly out smart a bunch of them without trying to

But then again it could also be a symbol of the south,If you were displaying it in that way I absolutely have no problem with it just like I have no problem with you showing white pride just as long as you dont go around killing Minorities

I personally don't think that it is racist and offensive. I know that a lot of people do because it was a symbol of the group trying to continue slavery. I think it is just a part of history, the Civil war was about more than slavery (yes slavery was a BIG cause), but the flag stood for other things too.

DJH is an uncle tom

YES it is a symbol of racism, the flag is not racist, but what it stood for IS! And anyone I see with it I SAY they are a bigot. Anytime someone flys the same flag as the KKK or a flag that THEY KNOW is offensive to a whole race without a care in the world, THAT right there shows their racism. I would never do that to whites or any race of people.

Does it offend me? No. However, I think people who fly it proudly probably aren't too smart or well educated as it represents terrorism and defeat... Yes, I said it, terrorism. The Confederate nation separated from the country and used force/war to further their cause. Aside from that note, if memory serves me correct, I believe they lost the war... So if people want to waive the loser flag, then so be it, more power to them! I know some people will be offended by my comment, but get over it, those people have an aversion for the truth anyway.

Click on the following link to view the truth behind the Confederate Flag:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AloAF...

Surprised? BTW, the last five links that is being provided by this link is funded and backed by the Indiana Historical Society. To any doubters that veiw my links as rubbish, the link to the Indiana Historical Society are listed below:

http://www.indianastoryteller.org/ijhs/

Please, feel free to contact them and they will say that the links that I've provided are legitamate.

I think that it depends on the context in which it is displayed. On a wall at a Sons of Confederate Veterans facility, I don' t think it's racist. In a skinhead parade, I do think that it is racist.

I don't see a problem with it. I know the left-wingers like to compare it to the Nazi flag, calling it racist, etc but I think people who display it are doing it moreso for pride of their heritage and not for being an "evil racist".

NO! Even the air you breath is racist these days. When when humans being ever get it. NONE OF CHOOSE OUR RACE AND GENDER. that is decided by our parents why can't we just live and let live , love one another, and work hard together to get our America Back.! Merry Christmas to all

I personally dont get it. Its a free country. I do however tend to believe the ppl waving it are racists.