Do veterans get mad when you refer to veterinarians as "vets"? Or vice versa?

Update:

Haha, thanks for the answers so far. The reason I ask, is I actually have ran into a veteran on the internet at some point who was getting mad that everyone was calling veterinarians "vets". So, it's not as crazy of a question as some of you might think.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Thats stupid, to get mad about that. Why not get mad at General Electric for not being a "real" General, or The Salvation Army for not being a "real" Army.

• Login to reply the answers
  • MP_doc
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I can't think of a reason why anyone would be offended. Obviously the individual you dealt with has some anger management issues he needs to handle.

Incidentally, what do you call a Veteran who's a veterinarian? Vet-squared?

Source(s): Military VETeran
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, it makes me angry! PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) kicking in! Must snipe people from bell towers with a .50 cal sniper rifle so that way they die no matter where the round hits! Actually, I don't care if you call me a vet. Just feel free to donate beer to my 'Give A Beer A Good Home This Holiday Season' campaign and all is forgiven.

• HeisMe
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

being a vet myself, it doesnt bother me, I am used to everything being shortened. Like Meals ready to eat, or MRE's, or UCMJ, Uniform code of military justice. So to your question the answer is no, as long as you acknowlege us, thats all we ask.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mikk
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You ran into only one guy. I have never heard anyone complain or say anything about it until now. Sheeeesh!!!!

• 1 decade ago

ive never heard of that but i can tell you as a veteran, it doesnt bother me one bit.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

do u get mad when instead of calling u kid...they call u,punk kid??...come on,use ur head and walk in their shoes and see how it feels to fight for your freedom and yet be emasculated by being known as a vet??..not so good,it is??...next time,have some respect,dammit!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've never heard of that happening before.

• 1 decade ago

not at all.vet means older and experienced

Source(s): david ex vietnam vet
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

If they are offended, i say "lighten up."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.