angie asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

losing weight quickly.?

okay. i've got a wedding that i'm in at the end of january. i need to lose some weight- fast. PLEASE tell me how to do this.

and, spare me of your lectures about how it's 'unhealthy' to lose weight quickly and blah blah blah...thank you :)

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are looking to loose weight quickly and keep it stable, you have to balance exercise with a healthy diet. In the long run, developing anorexic habits and then resuming your old diet afterwards, will ony cause you to gian more weight than you already have! This means that on the day of marriage people may like your figure, but a month later you may swell up like a balloon.

Also, you want to avoid depression on your day of marriage, so becareful about your eating habits. A diet consisting of a mixture of fruits and vegetables, will lower your craving for sweets and increase the nutritious value of your meals. Your face will be glowing and your cheeks will be that right shade of red, due to the fact that your skin will be nourished properly.

Make sure that you drink at least one glass of orange juice each morning; this would ensure that you are taking your daily recommended intake of Vitamin C.

You can reduce the amount of calories you intake, and still maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating at least 3 full meals a day. This includes: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

For ex.

For Breakfast-A bowl of wheat cerial and milk.

For Lunch-Rice marinated with different vegetables.

For Dinner-A bowl of vegetable meat soup.

If you really feel that you must eat something in between, do not turn to snacks such as chocolate and chips. Eat apples, bannanas, or any other type of fruit. They increase your energy supply without causing you to insistently need more to keep your energy level stable.

Don't forget that chocolate and sweets give you a boost of energy which does not last, diminishing your energy level after minutes. This is why you always need more of them eventhough you are stuffed! I hope this helps.

Also, avoid takeout food which is really greasy. It contains a high calorie intake eventhough it does not satisfy hunger.

During the winter, it's difficult to excercise outdoors. Try joining a local fitness gym, where you can use tread machines and weights. Who knows, taken yoga classes may help reduce your stress! =)I hope this helps.

Source(s): Me. A nurse with experience on diet and excercise.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

• 1 decade ago

Basically, you have to go on somewhat of a fasting.

STRICT fasting.

eat only fruits and vegetables and some carbs like a sandwich with lettuce and balonee and cheese. lots of water. water fills you up a little so you wont get a high appetite. its all in your mind really. you're not starving yourself. your just eating less. walk a lot. run if you can. just ignore the junk. ABSOLUTELY no candies and chips and sodas.

Whatever you do, STAY active.

I did this

I lost 10 pounds in 1 and half weeks.

my face even looked smaller. (In a good way cuz i got a round face)

Source(s): I did it
  • Homer
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

go nuts

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Use fast beat albums while you work out

• Ivana
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

order the smallest portion of everything

• Elvina
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

Eat brown rice instead of white

• 4 years ago

walk a toy poodle for 41 minutes at 2 miles per hour

• 4 years ago

Add extra 10 or 15 mins to your cardio routine

• 4 years ago

Set new goals even you lose 10 pounds

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.