Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Free Credit Score Online Question:?

So I'm looking up free credit score online sites for more information. Found nothing useful so far. Can anyone help? I just need the best or most reliable site you can share.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

If a site ask for a credit or debit card they WILL charge it. You can get your credit report free at www.annualcreditreport.com but you do not get your score if you want your score you'll have to pay about 5.00 most sites a good one is www.myfico.com.

But sites like freecreditreport.com and others you only get a free score when you sign up for other offers that cost you money.

• 1 decade ago

These so-called "free" credit score reports are lies. When you obtain your "free" score, you are signing up for some sort of service that has a monthly fee. You are also giving your personal information to some third-party company that may or may not keep it safe. Both of the services listed in previous answers fall into this category. Just click on the links and read the fine print if you don't believe me.

Just pay the fee to the credit reporting bureaus. It's usually about $7 and that's far cheaper and much safer than dealing with these frauds.

• 1 decade ago

There actually are two. FreeCreditReport.com and AnnualCreditReport.com. They will let you see what is on your report for free, but they do not show you the score. You have to pay extra for the score.

If you are looking to learn how to clean your credit, check out the following article. There are links to some of these credit report companies, and it's a great step by step article.

Hope this helps.

• Lydia
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Not really - you can get a score by signing up for trial offers for monitoring services but if you do, you have to give a credit card number and if you don't cancel before the end of the trial period, you will get charged more than buying the scores would have cost you in the first place.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.