Will be 60 days late on mortgage. what should I do? short sale?

I am 30 days late and will be 60 at the end of Dec. I been calling the mortgage company several time and each time, they say I don't qualify for any program and they can not help me at this time. wonder why they will not help?My husband business is slow but we still can make payment at lease $3500 a month. Our... show more I am 30 days late and will be 60 at the end of Dec. I been calling the mortgage company several time and each time, they say I don't qualify for any program and they can not help me at this time. wonder why they will not help?My husband business is slow but we still can make payment at lease $3500 a month. Our mortgage is $5600. I would think they will want to work something out with me since if they take the house, they will loose money. I have subprime loan that is 10% and will go to adj.in feb.2008 which will go 12-16%. What will happen? I try calling them and talking to them but no help from them. What will they do? we have loan with Citi Residential. What else can I do if they won't work with me? should I find someone that is an agent who deal with this kind of stuff?