Even the most devout christians have broken the ten commandments. What do you think?

READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE YOU RESPOND. One of the commandments says "You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." So doesn't this mean that pretty much everybody who... show more READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE YOU RESPOND.

One of the commandments says "You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."

So doesn't this mean that pretty much everybody who ever made a play-dough sculpture in Kindergarten of an animal has broke a commandment? Every artist in the world is going to Hell? Don't sculptures of the Virgin, the Saints, and Jesus also defy this?

I know, you're defense will be "it's only bad if you then worship it" but it does NOT say that. That part comes AFTER, it simply says not to do it at all. Look the scripture up before you comment if you don't believe me.

I'm just curious what Christians have to say about this.
Update: I love how people are so willing to attack ME because THEY don't understand the sentence.

The dictionary says to grave is to carve, sculpt, or engrave. So a graven idol is anything you sculpt or carve that looks like anything in heaven, earth, or under the sea. Please continue discussion.
Update 2: See, the actual passage goes like this: "Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; " Does my point make more sense now that it isn't in the simplified... show more See, the actual passage goes like this: "Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; "

Does my point make more sense now that it isn't in the simplified english version?