Sick and tired of that GAP ad?

Start by complaining to the gap: http://www.gap.com/customerService/info.do?cid=7843&mlink=5058,805241,7&clink=805241 If you look at the HTML, you'll see this as part of the gap's ad: Owner:gschen@yahoo-inc.com Maybe CC them? At the bottom of this page, you'll find a link to "Tell us... show more Start by complaining to the gap:

http://www.gap.com/customerService/info....

If you look at the HTML, you'll see this as part of the gap's ad:

Owner:gschen@yahoo-inc.com

Maybe CC them?

At the bottom of this page, you'll find a link to "Tell us what you think". Rather than go create your own, cull through all the ones out there and add a comment to them and click on the thumbs up. Keep going back through time and add your $.02 worth to a bunch of these complaints - and there are a bunch out there.

Make it very clear to the GAP that their intrusive ad has made you less willing to shop at their store. Encourage them to go out to Yahoo!Answers and look at all the "questions" that complain about their ad, as well as all the "suggestions" (i.e. Tell us what you think) begging Yahoo to pull this ad.

Make your voice heard. I told them in my complaint e-mail that they should replace their ad with an ad that is an appology!
Update: The point is not to block the ads. The point is to stop adverisers from doing this kind of annoying stuff in the first place.
Update 2: I was probably ranting a bit because I am so sick and tired of this stupid ad. When I e-mailed them, they actually responed with a very polite reply that they would forward my comments on to the manager in charge of this advertising campaign. The GAP, like any company, wants good advertising, not bad. They have... show more I was probably ranting a bit because I am so sick and tired of this stupid ad. When I e-mailed them, they actually responed with a very polite reply that they would forward my comments on to the manager in charge of this advertising campaign. The GAP, like any company, wants good advertising, not bad. They have no way of knowing that their latest ad is having the opposite effect unless we tell them. So, if you contact them, be polite. They seem to be willing to work with you and take feedback.
Update 3: Boycotting doesn't help unless they know why you are boycotting. Maybe stopping by your neighborhood GAP and telling them why you aren't going to shop there is an option, but in my experience, employees at the retail store are either unwilling to, or have no method of reporting this kind of feedback back... show more Boycotting doesn't help unless they know why you are boycotting. Maybe stopping by your neighborhood GAP and telling them why you aren't going to shop there is an option, but in my experience, employees at the retail store are either unwilling to, or have no method of reporting this kind of feedback back to the corporate office.

If you e-mail their adveriting people, the people who made this ad, then you get feedback to the people who can make a difference.
Update 4: Boycotting could backfire. If sales are down, perhaps they will advertise more!