Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Can I save bacon grease after I have cooked eggs in it?

I just fried a pound a bacon on the stove, 6 strips at a time. After each batch, I poured the leftover grease into a cup that I save for cooking with later.

Right after the last batch, I kept the grease in the pan and threw in some eggs to make my breakfast complete. However, after I cooked the eggs and removed them from the pan, without thinking, I accidentally poured the remaining grease in the pan into my cup to save for later - so now it consists of bacon grease and whatever is leftover after you cook eggs.

Can I still keep the grease to cook with? Or does the bit of egg spoil it?

I always keep it in the fridge. It's there now.

A pound of bacon yields tons of great bacon grease, so I hate to waste it... but I don't want to be sick over the holidays!

Favorite Answer

Are you keeping it in the fridge? If so, it shouldn't be a problem. If you leave it out, then throw it out.

keeping used cooking grease ? Er NOOOO..sounds too much like a recipe for food poisoning,best to discard it and use fresh stuff,particularly with eggs,the biggest source of our ''friends'' Sam And Ella[Salmonella]

• luke m

it won't hurt it a bit actually ,reheat the fat to render and store in fridge ,next time you make tacos use it,man those are good !

I would keep it and use it for whatever. You could also strain it too.