promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what's it like in Boston? the weather, the people. etc!?

thanks

Update:

yeah people ...but tell me what it is like. thanks

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Stan W
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Boston is a college town...a walking town... a yuppie mecca...a sports town.

If you fit in one of these categories you will love it!

Other vital stats: lots of night action and easy access to anywhere in town....really low crime...wear a leather jacket and you'll be fine in the snow...and the accent is actually the right way to talk.

Also, fyi...people don't look each other in the eyes as we walk, but over a beer we're all friends.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • haltom
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Boston is impressive -- (of path i'm a splash biased simply by fact I grew up there) yet now I stay in MI simply by fact of regulation college -- and that i've got been many places, and there is basically no city like Boston -- you will truthfully like it. great human beings, eating places, a lot of issues to do! climate -- Yeah, the climate form of sucks, yet you get used to it. Spring in Boston is definitely magical, in case you stroll around, each and every thing in the city is truthfully captivating (comparable with the fall) - and of path the summer season is large too. you basically ought to tough it a splash for the wintry climate months, yet you get used to it, and its particularly no longer as undesirable as you may think of. the individuals -- all and sundry is somewhat friendly, and that i'm particular you will come to love the Boston accessory ;) fee of residing -- the fee of residing in Boston is incredibly intense in assessment to Mississippi, yet once you're making $50,000 then you definately would be greater suitable than properly off. Plus there are great places precise outdoors the downtown area that have a decrease value of residing (seem for Brighton, Allston, Cambridge, Somerville).

• whyme
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

In winter it's cold. Average temp. in January is 28 degrees F. and 73 degrees in July. The people have funny accents with the A vowel (accent not used in other parts of the country). They use expressions like "wicked", which means "very". They named a wall in their baseball field "the green monster" . You can walk on the water in the Boston Harbor.

They have been trying to build a tunnel under the city for cars to travel through. It's called "the big dig" This tunnel is supposed to be 3.5 miles. It started in 1991 and they haven't finished digging this tunnel. The Big Dig has been the most expensive highway project in the U.S. Although the project was estimated at $2.8 billion in 1985 (in 1982 dollars), over $14.6 billion had been spent in federal and state tax dollars as of 2006. The project has incurred criminal arrests, escalating costs, death, leaks, and charges of poor execution and use of substandard materials. The Massachusetts Attorney General is demanding contractors refund taxpayers $108 million for "shoddy work."

You better visit. All your federal tax money was spent for this tunnel under Boston.

Latest 2006 Crimes per 100,000 People:

Boston, MA----------New York, NY-----National

Murder: 13.3, 7.3, 7.

Forcible Rape: 48.9,13.12,32.2

Robbery: 479.7,287.9,205.8

Aggravated Assault: 797.5,329.6,336.5

Burglary: 732.8,271.1,813.2

Larceny Theft: 3004.5,1412.9,2601.7

Vehicle Theft: 724.8,195.2,501.5

• 1 decade ago

The only time I went to Boston, I saw a woman get attacked and mugged. So I'd say, watch your back if you go there, lol. But the weather was nice... ha ha ha

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's a cool town. One of the best towns in America. Lots of history and kind of an old world city by US standards.

I don't know where you're from, but the winters there aren't even as harsh as in the upper midwest.

• 1 decade ago

Chilly in the winter like any northeastern state. Diverse career-driven or ambitious people. Gorgeous city with interesting people- highly recommend making a stop there!

• 1 decade ago

Cool, Cool and Cool. Just watch "Boston Legal" and you'll know!

• 1 decade ago

they have a lot of tea parties!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its wicked awesome

• Bullet
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

its wonderful.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.