Is it normal to just feel sad for no reason?

ok well sometimes out of nowhere i will feel really sad and i will feel like the rest of the day or maybe even more than a few days, and i dont feel like doing anything at all. And sometimes i even feel like i like my friends less and want to hang out wiht them less. stuff like that. i mean i get this alot like... show more ok well sometimes out of nowhere i will feel really sad and i will feel like the rest of the day or maybe even more than a few days, and i dont feel like doing anything at all. And sometimes i even feel like i like my friends less and want to hang out wiht them less. stuff like that. i mean i get this alot like im not sad constantly every hour of every day but i get really sad alot and it lasts for a short while but the thing is it happens several days a week not everyday but most days and its usually only for a few hours. i dont knjow whats going on but im confused because its changes the way i feel about my boyfriend, and my friends, and my family, and my life. i have no idea whats going on. Like earlier i just didnt feellike talking to my boyfriend on the phone which i usually love to do, and sometime i dont even feel like hanging out with him or my friends, its wierd, when i get like this i dont love anything anymore, i dont love my friends, my boyfriend, anything...
Update: well i have seen a psychologist before and it did help but another thing is yeah i have been like this my entire life, and its always on and off like this which is really wierd............do you think its depression?