Can someone in the Army Reserve get an Army Relief Fund Emergency Loan due to surgery?

My boy firend is in the Army Reserve. He needs surgery done, due to an injury during active duty. Can he get an Army relief fund emergency loan?

Best Answer

Your boyfriend who is in the U.S. Army Reserve may be eligble for the Army Emergency Relief (AER) if he meets the criteria specified by AR 930-4.

The Army Regulation (AR) that covers the subject of the Army Emergency Relief is AR 930-4, 30 August 1994.

http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r930_4.pdf

Taken verbatim from the regulation:

"Emergency financial assistance

Emergency is a condition that arises suddenly, is unforeseen and urgent, and requires immediate attention. Assistance normally will be a loan; when appropriate, a grant or a combination loan and grant will be used.Amounts of assistance will be commensurate with the emergency need.

a. Loan. Emergency financial assistance normally is a loan since soldiers usually are able to repay and prefer to do so. All AER loans are interest free.

b. Grant. A grant is made when repayment in the foreseeable

future would cause undue hardship. To decide if undue hardship exists, a careful evaluation will be made of the individual’s—

(1) Personal situation.

(2) Current and projected income.

(3) Other assets.

(4) Ability to start repayment immediately or in the foreseeable future.

(5) Ability to complete repayment within a reasonable time.

c. Loan and grant. Combination of a loan and a grant will be

made when the individual’s situation precludes repayment of the full amount of a loan, but partial repayment can be made without undue hardship."

"6–2. Eligibility

a . Dependent childrenmay apply for scholarships.

Applicants must meet the following criteria:

(1) Be unmarried dependent children (including stepchildren and legally adopted children) of soldiers—

(a) On extended Active Duty.

(b) Of the Army National Guard and the U.S. Army Reserve who will be on continuous Active Duty (ADT or serving under title 10, USC or FTNGD under title 32, USC) during the entire school year for which help is requested.

(c) On the Army retired list because of length of service on Active Duty, physical disability, or at age 60 (Reserve Components).

(d) Who died on Active Duty or in a retired status as identified in (c) above.

(e) Officially on the Retired Reserve list but not receiving retired pay.

(2) Not have reached 22d birthday by 1 June preceding school year beginning in August or September.

(3) Be a U.S. citizen with legal residence in the United"

On the Questions and Answers section of the official Army Emergency Relief website it states:

http://www.aerhq.org/qa.asp?a=1

Who is eligible?

* Soldiers on extended active duty and their dependents.

Members of the Army National Guard and the U.S. Army Reserve on continuous active duty for more than 30 days and their dependents. (This applies to soldiers on AD for training (ADT) and serving under various sections of title 10, United States Code).

* Soldiers retired from active duty because of longevity or physical disability, or retired upon reaching age 60 (Reserve Components) and their dependents.

* Widows (ers) and orphans of soldiers who died while on active duty or after they retired.

What type of assistance is available?

AER provides:

Help with emergency financial needs for:

* Food, rent or utilities

* Emergency transportation and vehicle repair

* Funeral expenses

* Medical/dental expenses

* Personal needs when pay is delayed or stolen

* Give undergraduate-level education scholarships, based primarily on financial need, to children of soldiers

AER does not provide funds:

* For nonessentials

* To finance ordinary leave or vacation

* To pay fines or legal expenses

* To liquidate or consolidate debt

* For purchase of home or home improvements

* To purchase, rent or lease vehicle

* To cover bad checks or pay credit card bills

Source(s): AR 930-4, 30 August 1994--Army Emergency Relief http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r930_4.pdf Official Army Emergency Relief Website http://www.aerhq.org/

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): army reserve army relief fund emergency loan due surgery: https://shortly.im/MMrxh

I'm certain that you will find every financial solution at: loandirectory.info-

RE Can someone in the Army Reserve get an Army Relief Fund Emergency Loan due to surgery?

He can try. The link below is for Army Emergency Relief.

I would like to say thank you to Destiny kings Loan finance for all the things they have helped me with. I have a large family, and every time we have had a crisis Destiny kings Loan finance has helped us out. I thank God for the help they have provided to me and my family,email them today at {destinykingsfinance@yahoo.com

{destinykingsfinance@yahoo.com}

• pinnix

Ar 930-4

I would like to say thank you to Destiny kings Loan finance for all the things they have helped me with. I have a large family, and every time we have had a crisis Destiny kings Loan finance has helped us out. I thank God for the help they have provided,email them today at{destinykingsfinance@yahoo.com

{destinykingsfinance@yahoo.com}

Source(s): I am so happy today,because i just my loan from destinykingsfinance@yahoo.com"

He would be better off going to the VA or a military base since it happened on duty. It would be free then.