What are my chances of getting into these colleges?

Well my colleges that i want to get into BADLY are:

1. Duke university

2. Johns Hopkins

3. MIT

4. Brown University

5. Princeton

6. Emory

My stats..eh not so good. I have a 3.4 GPA Unweighted and a 5.1 weighted. Unfortuantley I have 2 D'S(eh i know) and 2 C's the D's are in history and the C's in english and history. I am majoring in Biology. I have mixed A's and B's...

I got 2120 on my SAT 34 on the ACT. 740 on SAT Biology and 760 on SAT Math Level II.

I am a researcher at Moffitt(it's a cancer hospital/research facility) conducting my project that I am entering in my school's science fair and also Intel STS and ISEF(i hope i get in!!)

I have a fairly strong science background as I've participated in science summer programs and whatnot.

How much will my D's and C's and B's....lol hurt me? What are my chances of getting in to each school

oh yeah and i also take VERY difficult classes. all AP or IB. got 5's on AP Calc and US History, 4 on AP Euro, and 3 on AP english

Best Answer

grades are not the only thing that will get you into a prestigous school, or an Ivy League school for that matter. Use your essay as a way to demonstrate why you did extracurricular activities and how those experiences prepared you for college. Let it also help you to demostrate how you would be an asset to join the student body. Good Luck and be confident in yourself.

In order of greatest chance...

1. Duke University

2. Emory University

3. Brown University

4.John Hopkins

5.MIT

6.Princeton University

but it all depends on your essay and other admission criteria.

Sorry, your grades are not quite up to snuff for admission into any of those prestigious schools.

d'OH! You're going to need a recommendation from an alumnus. Sorry.