NFL Playoff bracket question?

Question, Currently Jags are 5th seed. They play 4th seed, while 3rd and 6th play each other. the winner of 4th and 5th go on to play #1 Patriots winner of 3rd and 6th go on to #2 Colts. Got that. But then I heard if the 6th (currently the Browns) seed upsets the 3rd seed (chargers), then the 6th seed... show more Question,

Currently Jags are 5th seed. They play 4th seed, while 3rd and 6th play each other.

the winner of 4th and 5th go on to play #1 Patriots
winner of 3rd and 6th go on to #2 Colts.

Got that.
But then I heard if the 6th (currently the Browns) seed upsets the 3rd seed (chargers), then the 6th seed goes on to the #1 Patriots. Because the #1 will always play the lowest seed.

In which case, supposing the Jags win the first round, they would go on to play the Colts, rather than the Patriots.

Makes sense to me, but my husband is arguing the fact, and the articles I have read are mixed.

Which way is it?
Do I have it right?

Thanks for your replies!

Oh btw if the Patriots don't do it, who do you think could win the AFC?