Actual cases of parents raising their kids as the opposite gender without their consent?

Have there been actual cases of parents raising their children as the opposite gender without their consent or knowledge? Years ago (on the Oprah Winfrey Show I think), I remember one show which featured people who had been raised as the opposite gender. One of the guests was a man who later... show more Have there been actual cases of parents raising their children as the opposite gender without their consent or knowledge?

Years ago (on the Oprah Winfrey Show I think), I remember one show which featured people who had been raised as the opposite gender. One of the guests was a man who later "reclaimed" his biological gender as an adult.

Understand, this is NOT to be confused with a later, more recent show which featured kids who identified as being transgendered themselves at a young age and received emotional support from their parents.

I could have sworn in the one I saw, the kids did not have a choice in the matter. Somehow they were kept ignorant by their parents, and did not learn the truth about themselves until they reached their teenage years.