How do you recustomize a customized football jersey? Bought male jersey accidently-customized with female name

I mistakenly bought a male seattle seahawks custom jersey for my girlfriend and put her name FRANCESCA on the back. I can't return the jersey because it was custom made and i don't see very high resale oppurtunities since it is a medium sized male jersey (far too big for most women, including my gf, to wear... except as pajamas) with a female name on the back. I obviously shouldn't be allowed to shop for christmas gifts after 2 am. Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix this problem? Is there a company that will recustomize custom jerseys? The jersey fits me - so if i can customize it for myself and get her a new one --- its not a total loss. Otherwise i just burned a hundred and change in currency. I already thought about framing the jersey and giving it to her that way - but shes not a giant football fan and that would be lost on her. Somehow i managed to screw this up - and pay extra for shipping to make sure it got here before christmas-geez!-anyone out there able to save me?

• Cupid
    Favorite Answer

If she isn't a Football fan, then why did you decide to buy her this to begin with? Also, what good would recustomizing it be? I think you're probably going to have to eat the cost on this one. I assume you are a Seahawks fan.. framing it for your den might be a good idea.. otherwise it doesn't hurt to list it on Craigs List. It's a free ad site and hey, you never know, there might be someone named Francesca who would like to buy it. Best Wishes!

I say give it to her as a nightie...maybe add a cheap pair of solid color matching pajama pants so she'll know its for sleeping in without you having to tell her

Instead of recustomizing...if you know someone that can sew...get them to take it in a bit for you a good seemstress can modify anything....better hurry though.

Just give it to her as a nightie.

Or paint over the letters and give it to someone else

Just wear it around her.

It just might make her feel, ya know, special :)

I will recommend this site to you.

buy another one tooo bad