Is the L.A. Times going to Zell in a handbasket ???

It will be fun watching a 66 year old guy trying to bring the Times into the internet age....Is this interweb thingee working ?? Sounds like commiting Harry Carry to me....

Update:

Right DRD re. The Wall Street Journal, The thought gives me the willies....picture of cute girl on page 2 and gossip on page 6.....Yikes....

Update 2:

Tooooo Funny, Peddlepup.....

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I just stopped having the thing delivered. I hate the new format. I thought I could get used to it. Nope! HATE IT>

• Login to reply the answers
  • DRD
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well, I hope the new LA Times is better than when it was owned by a Chicago Media Empire.

The LA Times used to be a wonderful paper. With great local stories, and good international coverage. Now it seems it just makes 'yellow' kind of articles just to piss people off. Pro-illegal one day, against them the next with few points, just sensationalism.

Back in the 80's and 90's they had local branches in San Diego, Orange County, LA and I think Ventura. It was a great national paper, and a local paper.

We need a good paper, especially now that the Wall Street Journal is dead as Murdock now owns and will ruin it. (The monster that owns Fox 'News'.)

I wish the new owners luck and success!

Source(s): So Cal Resident
  • 1 decade ago

Ah! The Los Angeles Times newspaper. Paris, you picked a great question this time.

For as long as my family has been in California, which was just after I graduated from high school, the Los Angeles Times was known to have had a terrible reputation. It is a pathetic waste of the trees used to made the newsprint it is printed on.

When our family's little Mini-Dachshund, Sandy, was alive, if she were to accidental defecate on the front yard parkway, I would give that fecal material the respect of not using the Los Angeles Times to remove it.

• 1 decade ago

I've heard of La Brea and La Cienga, but never La Times.

Must be on the westside, I never go over the hill.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Funny, Chiero!

I thought the TImes went there LONG ago.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.