Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

What do you think of Ron Pau's accepting of Neo-Nazi donations? (AP article)?

Best Answer

I love how the freakin Ron Paul lemmings have been saying for the longest time that the media is biased against Ron Paul by giving other candidates more face time. Well guess what, morons, you got what you wished for. And it is Ron Paul's own fault because he could have ended it by giving the $500 out of $18 million back to the asshole who donated it once he found out who it is from. Other candidates have donated or returned far larger donations from donors who turned out to be criminals - why not Ron Paul? The act speaks for itself, he doesn't want to piss off his second largest support base by refusing the money.

Edit: Don E, this news is more credible than anything you will find on talk radio or televised news because it is coming directly from AP through Yahoo! News. Yahoo! isn't its own news corp, and they are pulling from a very reliable provider of news that shows far less bias than most news papers and pretty much all of TV and radio.

• Marcia

Because he is an American that believes in our Bill of Rights.I agree with the guy above me.I could point out the hypocrisy of other candidates,but that is not the way to answer a question.Attention should be on RON PAUL,not his contributors.That man is the best I've seen in 80 years.

The fact that everyone holds this against him proves how jaded we all are by politics. The underlying unquestioned assumption is that if a politician accepts a contribution, he owes the contributor something in return, and will eventually provide it. By accepting the money and simultaneously rebuking the contributor's point of view, Paul is trying to point out that it doesn't have to be that way. He's saying, I can take the money because I am not for sale.

Do you think he should give money back to neo-nazis so they can use it to support racism? He is obviously not a neo-nazi, and will not use the money for evil purposes. Thus, I think the money is better in his hands than in theirs.

He is not supporting the neo-nazis by accepting this donation. Even the leader of this group, Don Black, has said that he supports Paul for his stance on illegal immigration and protection of personal liberties, not for racist purposes. So this money was given to him for these things, not for racism.

Source(s): I am a non-white American and Ron Paul supporter.

I find it a relief that neo-nazi's realize that he's not one of them. They just happen to have SOME beliefs that the majority of Americans also want. I'm not white, and I can't believe I have to defend White Supremacists, but you brought the question up (and it's been asked about 8 times today).

"Black said he supports Paul's stance on ending the war in Iraq, securing U.S. borders and his opposition to amnesty for illegal immigrants.

"We know that he's not a white nationalist. He says he isn't and we believe him, but on the issues, there's only one choice.." - from your source

EDIT: Dwasifar K, that is a VERY succinct and logical answer. Thank you!

Source(s): Ironic that a white supremacist, is named "black" - and I'm glad he has $500 less dollars towards hate, and has donated $500 towards freedom. Ron Paul should not have to give up any money on principle, otherwise, we could start nit picking donors for all the candidates, and see what turns up, and I'm sure it's more than $500.

It makes no difference to me, as the man has shown over the past 30 years that he is not for sale.

he accepts money from everyone accept the corporations, thats a good thing. He broke a record on sunday with $6.02 mil in one days. Thats more than ever in history, breaking all records of even the people that accepted corporate donations!

I think its just the media trying to find excuses to make him look bad. I bet Juliani and a few others accept donations from 10X the neo nazi's compared to ron paul. But the media just wants to make Ron Paul look bad, so this is like a character assasination attempt.

• Al

Legal and taking money away from a sicko who might use it for something bad.

Would Huckabee return the money of a satanic church leader? of course not.

Why is this

A) a problem

B) any of Ron Pauls concern?

I wish all the evil people in the world would give all their money to his campaign so something good can be done with it.

if Ron Paul got a donation from Minister farican and the black Muslims would you be posting this question and asking Ron Paul to return it.

try again

About the same as Hillary accepting money from AIPAC