Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why do women dislike arrogant cocky men?

Is it because they fear they will mistreat them? or do they find their attitude offensive?

Keep in mind arrogant men usually are successful... and also keep in mind confidence does come with success.

I know women like confident men... but they dislike overconfident men...

why do you ladies have to be so confusing? and unsure of what you want in a man?

Favorite Answer

Yes, the attitude is offensive. Arrogant, cocky men are focused on themselves.

If a man is constantly thinking about how wonderful and accomplished he is, then he's not going to be thinking about the woman and he's not allowing room for growth as a person. Because he is so excessively confident that he has all of the answers, he is probably unwilling to compromise and consider new ideas when conflict comes up. He can't offer a woman anything because all of his attention is devoted to himself.

A self-centered lifestyle is not appealing or fulfilling, even though it might include wealth, fame, or whatever.

I have had the unfortunate experience to be with a "man" who is cocky, arrogant, completely full of himself, has an overinflated ego, is condenscending, and comes equipped with a sense of entitlement from hell--a complete narcissistic asshole! To top it all off, he s not even remotely successful. He s a loser, user, abuser, and thinks he s golden in every way. Even though I should consider the source and realize that he s just really an insecure, immature, selfish, self-centered pig, I can t help but be angered and repulsed by his degrading attitude towards me when the little boy acts like an *** and doesn t get his way. Arrogant and cocky men are totally disgusting, whether they are successful or not. If a man is confident and not cocky, then he knows what humility is and doesn t have to strut around like a peacock thinking he s God s gift to women. The truth be known, most women are repelled by guys who think they re great and know nothing of being humble. Nothing could be less sexy than an arrogant guy.

Arrogant Men

I think some of you mistake confidence and arrogance. Moreover a woman should cherish a confident man who is self assured as they are courageous and bold and a character a woman should look for. Plenty of men are general suck ups and lack spine and most women settle for those because they make a woman feel good about themselves due to their own insecurity. Always go for a partner that has a good opinion about themselves. Most confident powerful men don't treat women like dirt and if they do they are not a man. A real man is confident and sometimes may be over confident, but their are actually brave and daring and should be a virtue in a man. Unless you want to marry a dead beat insecure inferiority complex loser who follows the trend and doesn't want leadership role in his career or life. Losers date losers and winners should date winners. Be a winner

We are not unsure of what we want, you just don't know what we want. Big difference.

You can always have too much of a good thing. If you pick up a dictionary you will note that there are two different defintions under CONFIDENT and ARROGANT. Why? Because they mean two different things. A confident person believes in themselves and trusts in their abilities. This is a good thing. An arrogant person thinks that they are on a higher level than anyone else and isn't humble. This is a bad thing.

Arrogant may be financially successful because a strong go-getter attitude translates well into the workplace but that same attitude does not make good in a relationship. Is your bedroom a board meeting? Didn't think so.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why do you...

Source(s): women dislike arrogant cocky men: https://shortly.im/Q2UCc

Actually, some of them like arrogant men. I know for a fact that men like this do get laid and are able to get a small percentage of women to like them. The key of the disease of arrogance is that an arrogant man does not realize he is one, as he has justified and accepted his ways as normal. Sometimes I come across people who talk about themselves all the time, want to dominate conversations to bring attention to themselves, lust for any woman you would consider attractive and sexy, want to have sex with all women on earth, only think about serving themselves and their own desires, claim morality is irrelevant but get ticked off when bad things happen to them, etc. The list goes on and on with people like this. You can sit there and talk all day, or write a whole book and sell it, about how an arrogant man is so self-absorbed, yet so silly because he does not realize that he is. And yes, some women do find this attractive and not perverted or selfish at all. But I don't let this bother me much because although it annoys me that some women like arrogant and self-absorbed men, those who don't outnumber the ones who do.

I used to never understand or agree why some women love pretentious men. I still don't because it is obvious why they, those men, talk to women -- and it is not because they want to be friendly and "clean-minded" with those women. I also don't understand why they don't feel creeped out around men like that either. If anything, they feel comfortable, not creeped out.

There is a difference in being cocky and being confident. Confident, is yeah.. I can do that... Cocky.. is That was allll me. Confident... I'm attractive... Cocky.. I don't need you, I can get any girl I want... See where I'm going with this?? It's all in the attitude.

dont generalize all women .. personally i hate cocky men .. because their soo full of it but i like if they are confident about who they are and what they want in life.

They like confidence not *********!