where is the quote "rich girls don't marry poor boys" in the great gatsby?

Favorite Answer

The quote you're thinking of is from the movie adaptation of the novel, and does not appear in the book. In the movie, the quote comes after Daisy is first brought to Gatsby's house, which is chapter 5 in the book, but the scene in the book is shorter, and doesn't go as far as that quote in the movie.

Source(s): "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby" (1974)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): quote quot rich girls don 39 marry poor boys quot great gatsby: https://tr.im/TtEtx

Sensibility says: marry the older guy with money..happens all the time. And a guy in his forties is not old and if he is in good shape and was handsome when he was young he is still going to be very appealing to women when he is in his forties, assuming he takes care of his health and body. Looks and youth alone do not do much for most women in the long run as MOST women are thinking about thier future security and their future financial situations. Those factors and many more will commonly have a woman choosing an older wealthy man...and he does not have to be rich......just stable and financially secure.

• dixie

1

Source(s): Recover Lost Marriage http://SaveYourMarriage.latis.info/?6oH2

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/PABUj

It would ot bother me - money is no option, if they loved me and treed me right then i would not mind if i had no choise. but , if i did i would go for the younger man who was poor - i dont care about money to be honest! xx =]

what page my ******

early on in the novel shortly after jay gatz meets daisy...

not that you care or anything BUT! I think its true cause then the boy would sponge off the girl which is pethetic ...this doesnt help u buti felt like sharing

• JayCee

in my opinion that is freaking retarded, money shouldn't matter in marriage/love

• Rogelio6 years agoReport

I agree money don't matter when it come to marriage/ loving but he only says this because Fitzgerald was told this personally by a girl who rejected him once.

i stil wana read that