which notebook is better??? Dell or Toshiba??

i need a trouble free long lasting one...need ur opinions......i wanted to go for dell, but alotta people say not to.....is it true??? is toshiba better?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • vovo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I've never owned a DELL..So I can't make any comments about them. I have owned three TOSHIBA in the last 8 yrs and, the very first one went with me to the North Pole twice and, around the world. It's now in Africa, donated to a school to teach kids how to use a computer, It's still working great~!(Win 98SE)

The current one has Vista and, it's turning out to be another great laptop as well. What I like about all of the Toshiba is the backup recovery CD they include with the product. It's worth it's weigh in gold when your in the Outback, and have to fix the puter.

Good Luck `

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have a Dell and I am very satisfied, I got to configure it with the Dell customizing feature and I got all the features I needed for my laptop. From choosing the processor to choosing the bettery cells you can choose it all, which is good when you need a different systems. Like a gaming one would be built differently than a web-browsing machine.

In all respect I like Toshiba as well, their machines are built to last the way they are constructed. Toshiba's laptops are put together so that the mother board is in a suspended architecture so when you drop it, the case absorbs the hit rather than the mother board so you don't ruin $$$'s of hard ware to a silly accident. Their machines are sold already comprised of what parts they picked so you don't have much of a say in it, but Toshiba's and Dells are both excellent companies to deal with when purchasing a laptop.

Good luck on your laptop hunt.

• KeWr
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Toshiba hands down.

I live right beside Dell. The smell is horrible.

• 1 decade ago

Toshiba lasts longer, and is better....

my MAC laptop has something inside of it that is Toshiba...(whatever it is)...and it works pretty good. My sis and bro have a toshiba laptop. Many drops and both still work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It depends on the specs of the laptop. I have a dell laptop and it works just fine, but my friend's sister broke hers after just one year of use. I would suggest getting an ASUS for a laptop if you want a really nice one that will last, but i would probably do some research so that price and the power of each system can be factored in.

• 1 decade ago

toshiba! i own one.

like vovo said the recovery cd is one of the great things they offer. but thats not the reason i bot one.

theyre great computers that last a long time. my dad works from sprint and they gave him a dell laptop, its been 5 months and its been throo 7 repairs. ....lol

• 1 decade ago

Toshiba is better

Source(s): I am an IT Consultant and have used both
  • 1 decade ago

Toshiba, no real reason its just better!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.