Where (online) is the best place to find auditions in Maryland?

I mean, I've been accepted into acting schools so I know I am at least good enough, I just can't afford to attend them. I need direct auditions that will get me where I need to go, without having to pay $2000. And some of these sites are just too confusing and I'm not quite sure they are entirely accurate or credible...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

These are some e-mail lists I HIGHLY recommend. They will send audition information and/or other theatre information to your e-mail. This is a great free resource for actors in the MD/VA/DC region.

If you want Film, Video & TV Acting Jobs, Training,

Premier's & Networking Events make sure you are

a member of Dragonuk Connects Acting NewsLetter. To

join (or have someone Else join) send a blank e-mail from the

address you want the e-mail to be sent to:

BDragonuk-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

If you want Theatre Jobs, Training, Show openings

& Networking Events -- Make sure you are a member

of Dragonuk Connects On Stage Newsletter To join (or

have someone Else join) send a blank e-mail from the

address you want the e-mail to be sent to:

BriansTheatreNews-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

If you want Production Jobs, Training, & Networking

Events-- Make sure you are a member of Dragonuk Connects

Production Newsletter To join (or have someone Else

join) send a blank e-mail from the address you want

the e-mail to be sent to

BDragonuk_Production_News-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

~*~*~*~*~

I would also really recommend that you join the Actors' Center.

http://actorscenter.org

There is a yearly membership fee, but it is well worth it. They have casting/audition listings. They have free Saturday workshops for members. Members get to sign up for the League of Washington Theatre Auditions on the first day. They have lottery auditions for members only. There are a lot of play readings and networking opportunities as well. It is so worth the money. And most of the actors I know in the area are also actor center members. It's legit.

EDIT: YA cut off the e-mail addresses above. They all end in yahoogroups.com

• 4 years ago

There's no need to move to Cali, especially if you don't know if acting is for you. But no, you can't get an audition without an agent. Get into some local classes 2-3 times a week, for 2-3 years, minimum. Audition at local theatres' productions for some experience. Then when you graduate (or even before), you can start looking for agents. You'll find reputable ones on the SAG website.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try mandy.com .. or backstage.com ... backstage you have to pay like 13 dollars a month or something .. but mandy is free .. and just narrow down your search to maryland ...i think actorsaccess.com is one ...

Source(s): actor
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.