promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

is a Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz worth buying a?

worth buying a nvidia graphics card? or is me cpu too nanny to make it worth my hard earned $$$$

Update:

I wanna play silly games!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It won't affect your money after all you can remove the graphics card and install it into another computer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

You can get the Athlon 64 X2 3800+ for 100 pounds. Its an excellent CPU for gaming. It of course depends on ur motherboard, and what graphics card u have (u cant just get a bad graphics card and a good CPU), but i would get a Core 2 Duo now a days. You can find the E6300 for 115 pounds and the E6400 for 150 pounds, but i would recomand the E6600 for 200 pounds wich u can overclock, thus making it even more powerfull then the most powerfull CPU on earth at stock freaquency. But u also need a 30$ aftermarket cooler for the CPU, because the stock cooler is very loud.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

an intel celeron cpu would be good if you are gonna use your pc for documentation, internet and email only. If you have plans to use an nvidia graphics card, then i think your usage is more than just documentation. Which means a Pentium Dual Core would be ideal. If you could chip in a few more bucks, go in for a E4500 Core 2 Duo.

• D McC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

celeron processors are the budget end of intel processors, it will work fine with that grafix card but if money is tight you should even go for a pentium 4 , they have much better performance than a celeron

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You really have to post the detail (specs) of your computer before anyone can give you good advice.

Is it a premade computer? what mother board you using? how much ram? Do you have a agi slot or pcie slot for graphics?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Celeron is junk.

Here is a very good article for selecting average and above CPUs.

• 1 decade ago

NO. Celeron processors aren't usually dependable.

• 1 decade ago

AMD Sempron processors are alot cheaper and have the same power.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.