Is Kodak and Canon cameras better than Samsung because they have been making cameras longer?

My 10 yo daughter has been shopping for her first digital camera. She likes the features on one made by Samsung and it is within her price range. We were told by a sales person that Kodak or Canon cameras are better because they have been making them longer. Is the technology really that different due to length of... show more My 10 yo daughter has been shopping for her first digital camera. She likes the features on one made by Samsung and it is within her price range. We were told by a sales person that Kodak or Canon cameras are better because they have been making them longer. Is the technology really that different due to length of time manufacturing a product? Does Samsung make decent digital cameras for a beginner? Sorry for several questions, but they all relate to my main question. Thanks for helping us make a decision!!!