sean asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What are the foods that I need to eat for a thin like me...?

Im 23 and very thin. I works at night and have a fast metabolism... I want to gain weight and to have shape before i start working out on nov. I cant afford to have diet likes what celebs have

CAn u advice me some general and cheap foods for me.

Im not in the US, im living in a tropical country....So some of your suggestions might not available here.

Favorite Answer

Try to take in as much protein as possible. Carbs are good too. Also try eating fewer meals. Now hear me out. . . I know it sounds strange, fewer meals to gain weight but believe it or not, the body burns calories digesting food. Constantly eating speeds up your metabolism b/c you are constantly burning calories. For example, if you are eating all throughout the day, don't cut the amount of food you eat but instead of splitting that amount into like five or six small meals, eat only two or three larger meals. It will slow your metabolism down. People who try to lose weight will be like, "but I only eat once a day and I'm still not losing weight!" That's b/c your body goes into 'starvation mode' and will store anything (carbs, fat, sugar) that goes into the body. It also slows the metabolism. Always eat healthy though, don't load up on junk food to gain weight b/c with a fast metabolism you'll just burn the calories. You need to slow your metabolism. Some people find that staying up late and eating late at night contribute to weight gain too, but I also have a fast metabolism and it never made me gain weight. Every person is different. Good luck!!!!

• KD

How to gain weight? Eat more. Add some more carbs to your diet (grains, pototoes, etc) and more meat.