What is the most tragic classical piece you know?

I am looking for mostly baroque pieces at the moment and I am looking for something different than the obvious. For example, no Air on the G String - Bach. I'm trying to find pieces that I might not have heard of or that are not well known.But just in case, I'll take whatever you may know of. Opera is fine... show more I am looking for mostly baroque pieces at the moment and I am looking for something different than the obvious. For example, no Air on the G String - Bach. I'm trying to find pieces that I might not have heard of or that are not well known.But just in case, I'll take whatever you may know of. Opera is fine too, but in line with tragedy, slow movements are best, like adagios, some sarabandes, and largos. Can you help? If you can list your favorite recordings of the pieces as well, that would be great!!! Thank you.
Update: I will be looking at romantic later, but now I am concentrating on mostly baroque although some moving towards the classical period, like Mozart, Beethoven, are fine. Thank you all so much!
Update 2: Hi sweet brother.